Among the benefits of the tokenization of the global economy with the growth of cryptocurrency is the opening of new doors for the mainstream within the industry of venture capitalism. One platform, EQUI, plans on taking the lead in the venture capital industry by launching a platform with its own token, EQUItoken, that will allow ordinary investors to participate in this class of investments.
The tokenization of assets has the potential to unleash new possibilities for the global economy, given that it allows businesses to more easily raise funds than through traditional methods. Traditionally, businesses could go to very high net-worth individuals or specialized firms to raise funds, which while mutually beneficial for the businesses and investors tends to leave out ordinary investors from participating. The tokenization of assets, enabled by the growth of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology, allows investors and businesses to find one another without burdensome regulations and red tape. While regulations may serve to protect investors and are essential to healthy markets, they often prohibit the participation of common investors by limiting competition and thus offerings suitable for them.
EQUI will allow investors to invest in emerging businesses with EQUItokens, with the potential to receive 75 percent of the net profits of these investments, with the other 25 percent going to the EQUI team to incentivize the growth of the platform. Historically, businesses that receive support from venture capitalists have been high-risk with high failure rates, but those that succeed more than offet those that fail, providing venture capitalists with above-average investment returns.
The EQUI platform will not only give businesses access to a larger pool of investors, but will also provide businesses with support and the benefit of the team’s entrepreneurial expertise. The founders of the project, Doug Barrowman and Bareness Mone of Mayfair, have a lengthy track-record of building businesses from scratch, and through their efforts have become highly-respected entrepreneurs. The EQUI team will provide participating businesses mentorship, strategic advice, and resources to give them the best chance of success. Often, mentorship and strategic advice are just as valuable, if not more so, than funding for new businesses.
The EQUI presale is taking place from March 1, 2018 to March 14, 2018. The main crowdsale is taking place from March 15 to April 12, 2018, allowing investors to buy EQUItokens at $0.50 and participate in this potentially disruptive venture capital platform. 250,000,000 EQUItokens that are ERC20 compatible and run on top of the Ethereum blockchain will be created in total, and the inflation rate of the token will be five percent annually to reward users of the platform. The funds raised during this crowdsale will enable the platform to develop and market itself as a game-changer in the industry. Investors interested in the mainstreaming of venture capitalism via tokenization may want to further research this team and platform that may fundamentally transform their industry.
*I am receiving EQUItokens for the growth of the community.
To find more information about EQUI: